As they say, “and a good time was had by all.”
On Monday July 4, 2016 the Village of San Leanna and ESD 5 (Manchaca Fire Department) joined together to celebrate the Fourth of July at the fire station from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Hamburgers, hot dogs and drinks were furnished and attendees were asked to bring a side dish. Wonderful food! A really good band entertained for the crowd and a snow cone truck made for a nice cool treat.
Many thanks to all who helped with the get-together and especially to Molly Quirk, San Leanna’s Public Affairs Commissioner.
CIRCLE DRIVE ROAD IMPROVEMENT PROJECT:
Hi Neighbors! Please mark your calendars!
On or about June 13th, Alpha Paving will start work on the Circle Drive Overlay and Reconstruction Project. The entire project will take roughly 3 weeks to complete pending good weather.
The northern-most section, from River Oaks Dr. to Ridge Dr. will be completely torn out and reconstructed. It will take roughly 2 weeks to get this section ready for new asphalt.
Once that portion is complete, the entire roadway of Circle Drive from FM 1626 to River Oaks Dr. will be repaved with a new asphalt surface which will take 1-2 days.
Throughout the 3 weeks of this project, there will also be some mailbox turnouts that will be constructed at various locations.
- The timeline above is dependent on good weather.
- There will be a lot of heavy equipment and additional truck traffic while the construction is in progress, so please drive with caution.
- Access to driveways may be limited during this time.
- If you have any special needs, please contact us so we can coordinate with the contractor to try to accommodate those needs.
- We have contacted EMS, the Fire Department, the Sheriff’s office, and the Austin School District and advised them of the construction schedule.
- For the folks living on Circle Dr., there will likely be times during the construction that the roadway and your driveway are blocked, and you will need to park along Red Bud Trail, Hacienda Dr., or San Leanna Dr.
- Please make plans to use alternate roads during the construction. Please do your part to make this a safe work zone.
Lastly, have you considered paving your driveway? Now would be a great time. The contractor, Alpha Paving, can provide a price to pave your driveway while the equipment is on-site. Please call Andrew at 512-801-5552 if you are interested.
Please check back for updates.
Fred Helmerichs – Alderman 512-560-2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Travis County Hazard Mitigation Plan Update News:
Please take a few moments to click on the link below to review the current draft for the Hazard Mitigation Plan Development update regarding San Leanna and Travis County at large (scroll down and click on “Travis County Communities”). A hard copy is available from the Village office — please call (512)280-3898 or send an email request to email@example.com. Thank you!
National Night Out was held at the Manchaca Volunteer Fire Department on Tuesday October 6, 2015. Good crowd, good food and thanks to everyone that joined us in the fun. Check out a few candid shots-
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR CURRENT BURN BAN STATUS:
The 2015 Consumer Confidence Report/Drinking Water Quality Report for the Village’s water system is now available, including information regarding the portion of our water pumped from the Barton Springs Edwards Aquifer and the portion of groundwater purchased from the City of Austin. You may request a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, clicking on the Consumer Confidence Report link below, or by calling (512) 280-3898. The 2017 report will be available on July 1, 2018.
What goes in the recycling bin?
- Paper: newspaper, office paper, junk mail, cereal and soft drink boxes, corrugated cardboard
- Aluminum and metal cans: food cans (labels left on are OK), soda cans
- Unbroken glass: jars and bottles
- Rigid plastics: # 1 through # 7, including yogurt and margarine
Please do not include Styrofoam.
For a recycling calendar click San Leanna Recycling Calendar 2016
FOR DISPOSAL OF HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE, please click on this link
Community Alert Email Program Subscribers receive email notifications of criminal activity, suspicious persons/vehicles, door-to-door scams and/or other pertinent info. Send an email to email@example.com to join and put “Subscribe” in the subject line.
Click here San Leanna News | Fall 2016 to view the latest Village Newsletter. If you would like to receive the newsletter via email and help us save money and paper, please contact Village Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!